Location: Seawalk Pavilion, Jacksonville Beach
The Chariots of Fur Beach Run and Festival is an annual fundraising event that benefits St. Francis Animal Hospital, raising much needed funds to provide medical care to less-fortunate family pets. This ever-popular event is a day of fun at the beach for four-legged and two-legged participants of all ages.
REGISTER TODAY to participate in the 5K run/walk or 1-mile Fun Run. All registered participants will receive a souvenir tech t-shirt and race packet filled with goodies for people and pups. The top 5K race finishers will be awarded hand-made ceramic dog bowls and the post-race festivities will include a festival with live music, vendors, contests, food trucks, dogs available for adoption, activities for kids, a raffle with great prizes and a silent auction.
2016 Chariots of Fur Event Schedule
- 8:30 am Race-Day Registration & Packet Pickup Opens
- 9:00 am DOGA (yoga with your dog) on the Seawalk Lawn
- 9:30 am Introductions & Welcome
- 9:40 am National Anthem
- 9:45 am Proceed To Beach for Race
- 10:00 am 5KRace Start
- 10:10 am Fun Run Start
- 10:30 am Fly Ball Demos Begin
- 10:30 am Pet First Aid Training
- 11:00 am 5K Race Awards Presentation
- 11:30 am Raffle Drawing (all 5K and 1-Mile participants are registered to win!)
- 11:30 am Agility Demo
- 11:45 am Pet First Aid Demo
- 12:00 pm Dog Contests – Best Kisser and Best Tail Wagger
- 12:30 pm Fly Ball Demo
- 1:00 pm Silent Auction Ends/Payment Begins
- 1:30 pm Agility Demo
Throughout the event, enjoy the musical sounds of Riff-Raff!
NEW this year, we will have a silent auction with over 40 great items valued at over $3,000 to bid on! You will be able to take home some awesome items for people and pets! Cash and credit cards are accepted. Here are some of the awesome things you can take home:
- Restaurant Gift Certificates to fabulous restaurants located throughout Jacksonville
- Pet Boarding Gift Certificates to resorts all over town
- Pet veterinary care, massage, and training from professionals around Jacksonville
- Pet CPR and First Aide Training Certificates
- Sports Memorabilia from the Jaguars, Sharks and Tampa Bay Rays
- Family Fun certificates to places like the Jacksonville Zoo and Autobahn Speedway
- Massage gift certificates for you and your pet
- Amazing Gift Baskets from local businesses in a variety of areas
If you are running with a dog, please read and abide by these Safety Rules for running with a dog.
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR 2016 CHARIOTS OF FUR!
The 2016 Chariots of Fur event is expected to be bigger and better than 2015, including a festival with lots of fun activities for people and their pups: food trucks, music, vendors, dogs available for adoption, dog demos, activities for kids, a raffle and silent auction. The event is a great opportunity to make your business visible to a large gathering of pet lovers and runners. If you would like to be involved or are interested in a sponsorship opportunity, please Contact Us.
Watch this video to see the fun from the 2015 Chariots of Fur event:
Watch this video to see the 2015 Chariots of Fur event from the dog’s perspective:
In loving memory of Red Ferguson with Paw Prints Pet Crematory.
SEE PAST CHARIOTS OF FUR EVENTS
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR 2016 SPONSORS!
RUNNING BUDDY SPONSOR:
POOCH PARTNER SPONSORS:
HAPPY HOUND SPONSORS:
|CANINE COMPANION SPONSORS: